Tea is the Teacher – Let Tea Drink You, Savor You, and Sit With You
SACRED CHA DAO – THE WAY OF TEA
Tea is a gateway to inner growth, healing, and the subtle mysteries of existence. Tea is a gift from nature to help us learn the flow of nature and the language of life. It is a medicine of the Divine Harmonic and therefore a doorway to alignment with the Tao. In this school we teach the understanding of tea as a vibrational medicine for self cultivation, health and plant medicine. Tea is a plant that helps humans have a visceral experience of both their humanity and their divinity and how to move through this life embracing both as sacred.
In this school you will learn both the classical internal and external arts of Chinese tea. You will learn the profound art form of making tea, how to serve it and how to use it in a way that will teach you endlessly about your self and the world we inhabit. We also offer advanced deeper study into the energetic and healing qualities of tea, tea as sacred medicine, tea as plant spirit medicine and tea as a tool for self cultivation to serve your creative growth. The aim of our classes is to give people the tools to make tea their own living art.
About the Tea School
The tea school is set up so you may engage at any level of depth that is calling you. There are many aspects and dimensions to learning the sacred arts of tea, so we approach the study from many different sides. The goal is to give you an innate, global understanding of this profound art. This is a socratic school of learning, so come to a few sessions, do your own work at home to integrate, and come back with questions about your evolving practice.
Everyone learns at different rates, so find what is truly useful for you and adjust your attendance and come back when you are ready absorb the next level. Even though we have group classes, like any real art, this is a highly personal path to follow and I work with people as individuals. This is a school of personal cultivation where people come to develop their being through art.
WEEKLY- Wednesdays, 10-11:30am.
General Types of Monthly Offerings
All classes are experience oriented rather than informational in oder that you may learn this art in an embodied way. As with any art form, this art must be brought out from within you. My role as a teacher is guide the way, from your being. All classes are free form as we follow the energies of tao and day.
1. Ongoing Weekly Class- we offer ongoing weekly classes. 75 minutes, $40. In this class we explore tea as vibrational and cultivation medicine in all its aspects - tea, tea ware, tea ritual, and internal aspects of cha dao.
2. Special monthly tea classes- We offer many monthly classes to inspire and broaden your understanding of the art of the. See below for some of our class offerings. Run on a rotating basis.
3. Rare Tea Journey- Once or twice a month we do a special rare tea journey where we use rare and potent teas, these are profound sessions and very healing. Cost $100 person. 1.5 hours
4. Private Tea Class- Private tea classes can be arranged any time to work with you individually and can cover any aspect of the art of tea and personal cultivation . $100/ 1 hour session.
5. Private Zoom Session- I also offer zoom sessions and classes to those who cannot be here in person. First session is $150 and following sessions are $100/hour.
To sign up for a class fill out the message box below and I will get back to you. Classes are limited to 6 people in order that teachings can be nourishing to each individual and their stage of learning. Payments can be made through Venmo or PayPal once enrolled.
SOME OF OUR OFFERED CLASSES
A Few of the Types of Classes Offered. Available also on request for private or private group sessions.